Sunday, December 13, 2009

Zen-style wedding


I sometimes wish I would have been as zen on my wedding day as some of my clients are on theirs. I've worked with some pretty chill brides who seem to have it under control on their big day. I've shared some pretty out-there stories about wedding day craziness, simply due to all the forces coming together on a single day. Nevermind what happens when there are family members with varying, and strong, opinions. Some brides take it in stride, which I admire. I am flexible in my approach to photographing weddings, and I always try to bring my own sense of calm, which helps when the bride, or groom, is having a moment of unease, or even panic about the schedule, the day, etc. It is a good reminder, to take a breath, watch the clouds, smell the air, enjoy the sun, the light, and know it is a day you won't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment